First Baptist Church of Bangs, Texas is seeking a bi-vocational or part-time MINISTER OF WORSHIP who has a heart of worship. This person will seek to glorify God and edify the body of Christ through the ministry of music. Because we value a blended worship style, this minister must be completely at ease with both contemporary worship music and traditional hymns. Ability to direct both a praise band and a choir is necessary.
Submit resumes to email@example.com
Job Description for the Minister of Worship
The Minister of Worship shall assist the Senior Pastor in implementing the Church’s Mission and Vision; seek to glorify God and edify the body of Christ through music; lead the congregation in meaningful authentic worship and ministry experiences that honor God and create an atmosphere for spiritual growth; and assist in providing congregational care.The scope of this position shall include all praise and worship elements of the various Church services, including: music, worship teams, vocalists, instrumentalists, ensembles and choirs, Audio-Visual ministry, visual arts in worship, and other creative worship elements. This is a part-time or bi-vocational position.
- Lead, develop and coordinate all elements of the Church’s music and worship ministry.
- Oversee all aspects of the Audio-Visual ministry and equipment.
- Plan and coordinate weekly worship services in cooperation with the Senior Pastor.
- Facilitate the musical training and worship development of the Church body.
- Work with various committees and individuals in developing the music ministry of the Church and nurturing a heart of worship within the congregation.
- Conduct other duties as assigned by the Sr. Pastor when deemed appropriate.
- The Minister of Worship shall be directly accountable to the Senior Pastor.
- The Minister of Worship is expected to: 1) be actively engaged in the life of the Church fellowship, 2) be a team player, and 3) work in cooperation with other Church staff and Ministry leaders within the church.
- Periodic reviews will be provided by the Senior Pastor to offer feedback and encouragement, enhance effectiveness in the ministry, and promote personal development.